What does a State Member do?

A State Member of Parliament has a number of roles to fulfil. Chris can act as an advocate for the residents in the community. If there is an issue that is of concern, Chris can act on your behalf and make representations to the relevant Minister or Government agency.


In Parliament, a State Member can contribute to the debate on new legislation which is being introduced. Chris can also raise issues relevant to the electorate to the attention of the NSW Parliament.


In addition to Chris's State Member duties he was elected for Government Whip on 12 August 2014 to current. Chris responsibilties includude organising members' attendance in the House and their partipation in divisions and debates.


Each speech Chris presents to Parliament is recorded by Hansard. To see a list of Chris' speeches visit Hansard

What are Chris's responsibilities as a member of ICAC

Chris is one of eleven (11) members on the committee of Independent Commission Against Corruption. To find out more about this committee click here.

When does Parliament sit?

State Parliament follows an annual sitting roster which is available here. When Parliament is 'sitting', Chris is in Parliament House Sydney. When Parliament is not sitting Chris works out of his Camden office.

Is the public allowed to visit Parliament?

Most schools schedule tours of Parliament as part of the school curriculum and the general public is more than welcome to visit Parliament House and watch Parliament in action. Question time is at 2.15pm each sitting day and all Members of Parliament are present at that time. Tours of Parliament House can be arranged.

Can I make an appointment to see Chris?

Yes. If you have an issue you'd like to discuss with Chris an appointment can be scheduled by calling his office on 02 4655 3333 or emailing camden@parliament.nsw.gov.au.


Writing to Chris can also assist. In some cases, we are able to resolve the issue before the meeting takes place.


Chris' staff are available to assist where possible.

What if I am not sure if Chris is the right person to contact about an issue?

Sometimes it is difficult to know what level of Government you need to contact or who to ask for assistance. If you are not sure feel free to call into the office in John Street, phone 02 4655 3333 or email camden@parliament.nsw.gov.au.

Is there any funding available for community groups?

There are many varied opportunities for Government funding both Federal and State. In most cases, a good first step in to check out what is available at www.communitybuilders.nsw.gov.au. Chris writes to all community groups advising them of any funding that may be available during the year, such as the Community Building Partnership Program.

Does Chris come to community events?

Chris is regularly invited to various community events and celebrations. He attempts to attend as many as his schedule permits. If your community group would like to invite Chris to an event, simply email camden@parliament.nsw.gov.au or post an invitation to his office.

Is Chris available for public speaking?

As a State Member, Chris is regularly using his public speaking skills in Parliament House, but is often asked to say a few words at various events or even address a community group. Please feel free to contact Chris' office to discuss his availability.